Thursday, April 2, 2009

My reviews on Liang Zhu.

The Butterfly Lovers

Cast:
Nicky Wu as Liang Shan Bo 梁山伯
Charlie Yeung Choi-Nei as Zhu Ying Tai 祝英台

This is the first movie of the butterfly lovers I've ever watched. The ending is somewhat scary to me as I was only 12 at that time and I was really frighten by the paper white makeup on Ying Tai's face and also the part when she jumped into the grave..
Verdict: It's good. Old time classic.


Cast:

Peter Ho as Liang Shan Bo 梁山伯
Dong Jie as Zhu Ying Tai 祝英台

This is considered to be the most comprehensive, finest and largest scale television series which presents truest adaptation of the original legend. I love this the most.. There was a part when Ying Tai had to dance on a stage and I was mesmerize by her moves..

Verdict: Thumbs up. Recommended to all.



Cast:

Wu Chun as Liang Shanbo
Charlene Choi as Zhu Yingtai


This one, is really so-so.. I'm watching this movie because I love Wu Chun, the one and only reason.. The plot has got so much twist in it that it doesn't seems to make the audience feel anything similar to the original butterfly lover anymore, except that the ending is pretty much the same..


Verdict: Watch it if you have time to spare..



少年梁祝

the youth of liang shan bo and zhu ying tai

Cast:

Show Luo as Liang Shanbo
Vivien Leung as Zhu Yingtai

The dubbing is terrible, the acting is terrible too.. I love Alan Luo a lot in the recent years and happen to realise that he starred in this drama series a few years back.. Went to watch this series at tudou.com and it's so terrible that I only manage to finish the first episode. Very disappointed with the plot and their acting skills..


Verdict: Don't bother..

No comments: