Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whats up this week

Frighten look on his face.. my poor baby..

So heartpain
Yesterday we brought Davis for his checkup at the pediatric clinic located in the base. He weighs at 9.1kg at almost 7 months old and is at the 75 percentile.. considered at the higher side..Ahh, my fat baobao.. His head circumference and height is at the 50 percentile.. The doctor say we can start to give Davis 3 bottles and 3 table food per day.. Before that Davis was totally relying on his milk for the nutrients! It sounds a bit unbelieving to me that he can now have so much of the food that we eat for ourselves.. Even with seasoning and everything.. Just have to blend them into a smooth consistency.. The nurse that administered the injection asked if we wanted to give him the flu shots.. Don't need to guess la.. we did of course. Mainly because Mama Kwong is down with a flu herself! Can someone pass me some tissue please..

Yesterday Hema came over and gave us some homemade bubur chacha (her mom's recipe).. its yummy! thick and tasty.. too bad I was having a cough so only manage to sip a little.. Daddy Kwong seems to like it more than I do.. heee.. We put it in the fridge and had the cold version.
AND today, Sheena called and asked if I want some bubur chacha.. hahaa.. nice timing.. its right after we had our dinner.. Free dessert delivered to the door! woo.. thanks Moey and Sheena.. It was still steaming hot and so today we had the hot version!!
I wonder if there's anymore wife making bubur chacha tomorrow? heee..

It's spring cleaning time!! We have been staying at Adiamo palm valley for over a year and we're entitled to have a free carpet cleaning service.. Last week hubby ask S1 to arrange the men to come in this week to do the cleaning. He took 1 week leave to stay at home and look after Davis and me... hehe so nice to have a clean carpet.. and also, so nice to have hubby at home to play mom and dad.. After the men had left, we went to Walmart (haha, my fav supermart) to get more cleaning supplies for our house.. You can imagine, we were very busy tidying our house and mopping the floor in the bathrooms and kitchen.. Lots of laundry and junks to clear.. Hubby even got into the mood of cleaning up the patio.. Wah sei, talk about patio, another long story.. please make yourself a coffee while I continue my patio story...
.
.
.
.
.
The patio or balcony as that's how we usually call it.. was isolated for 8 months.. It was also filled with empty cartons that hubby threw it there since we moved in.. And 8 months later, the patio is filled with lots of cobwebs and creepy insects!!! We saw ants, dead ants, crickets, dead crickets, some tiny black unknown bugs, spiders.. Spider eggs!! and they are not just regular garden spider, they are all black widows.. the super deadly kind of spider that can kill.. and lots of black widow eggs! I guess there's probably like 15 eggs.. Oh my gosh!! my patio had became a insect haven! They must have enjoyed their vacation very much.. Multiply at my patio!?!?! Must be very cosy there with all the cartons as shield.. sheltered them from the hot gusty air in this dry country. Hubby had to play hero of course.. He used the insecticide and if its not enough, the broom and dustpan to battle with these creepy crawlers while Mama Kwong peek through the glass door displaying the disgusted looks on her face.. Fortunately the garbage man comes and collect the garbage everyday if not I bet the eggs would have hatched inside the garbage container itself.. Erkk.. I can feel my hair standing now..

No comments: