Friday, January 23, 2009

Singapore my homeland it's here where we belong..

Hey peeps, sorry to kept you waiting for so long. I'm finally stepping on the Singapore soil after a super long and seems-like-never-going-to-end flight... 2 transit plus flight time which totals up to 24hr is definately no joke.. But then I've made it together with Peishan and a helpful China-origin American uncle..

At long last, I found myself joining the queue at the immigration which is for All Passport holders.. Felt very nervous as prior to the flight, Eric was telling me that maybe the officer at the immigration would ask me plenty of question. But he was totally wrong.. The lady officer was kind and friendly, which really put me at ease.. After clearing immigration, I was comfortably sitting in my cousin's Honda WISH heading towards my in-law's home..
.............................................................................

Some little things that I have noticed, Singaporeans has a long way to learn on regards to being courteous and helpful..
Generally speaking a very large portion of the public transport commuters are selfish and kiasu.. That includes those foreigners from Bao, Curry and Satay.. After so many years, you still see people waiting anxiously right infront of the MRT door and getting ready to dash for the seats..

And also, it's hard to find toilets that has a infant changing table.. I saw toilets that has those new version hand dryers, toilets with a cubicle that has a small toilet bowl meant for little kids and even little boy's standing toilet.. Ahh, whatever that is call.. But NO INFANT CHANGING TABLE!!!!! Grrrr...

Some of the items that I saw was so ridiculously priced, I wonder why.. One of the Palmer's body product that I bought in the States were like USD$3 and they were going for SGD$20++.. I can buy 4 of them in Walmart.
Brand new baby Jumperoo from Fisher price were USD$80 at Walmart but they were SGD$235 in Kiddy Palace.. Double the price lor!!

Just yesterday alone I spend $36+ on taxi's fare.. The meter jumped twice which is $0.40 while waiting for the green light..

I shall stop ranting for now!!!!

No comments: