Monday, March 2, 2009

Dedicated to my FIL =)


I think man like my father-in-law are rare species.. I hope I hope very very sincerely that Eric has possess some of the qualities from his dad.

My father-in-law wakes up very early in the morning, while everyone are still in their deepest slumber, he goes to the market and buy breakfast for us. Like this morning, he bought me 3 pieces of the peanut pancake when I told him I only want 2. (in the end I only ate 1) And in addition, he bought another piece of red bean pancake so that I can have more variety..

He also bought home a packet of fried beehoon and a fried noodles and waited for my mother-in-law to wake up to see which packet she prefer before he dig into the least preferred choice. And he didn't just did that today, he does it everyday! Always different food every morning..

Dad, "There's beehoon and noodles, you can have them if you want."
Me, " It's okay, I only want the pancake."
Dad, "Not sure what Mom feels like having today, I'll let her have her pick."
Me, "You haven't had your breakfast?" (It's already 11+a.m, I just woke up and my mother-in-law is still in bed)
Dad, "Nevermind, I can eat later."


Sometime in the night, Davis would wake up for feeding, and my father-in-law will help me to feed him so that I can sleep.. That includes the morning feeding as well.. So touched..

Yesterday I was having a drink by the kitchen window and I couldn't help but noticed the many cans of empty drink in the dustbin..

By default, I was born into this world with a dislike for plain water, so my father will always buy me cans of green tea, pepsi, and chrysanthemum.. All stored in the fridge waiting to be drank.. How wonderful to have such a caring and helpful father-in-law.. And canned drinks are very heavy lor. Imagine he has to buy and carry them every few days..

I can still remember years ago he would always buy me fresh coconuts just because I like it..

Moments ago, he asked me if I want to have some instant noodles as he is going to cook some. I told him no but then I thought that maybe I will be hungry later in the night so I went to cook some myself.. My sis-in-law came out of her room and say she want to have a bite of her dad's noodles.. So she ate la, then my father-in-law say because she ate so much (not a bite, mind you), he want to cook another packet.. So nice.. He is the one that want to eat noodles but ended up letting us have it first..

And also majority of the housework are done by him..

Few days ago, I told them that I wish I can "shipped" my father-in-law with me to Arizona. Haha.. I wish!!

No comments: