Monday, March 23, 2009

We're not just pretty vase, we cook

We, the Princesses from the princess gang are not just pretty vase to look at.. We make our time here enjoyable by meeting up at the HQ to improve our culinary skills. Coming up with tasty food for our families.. If you were lucky and happen to have lunch with our hubbies, you might also get to sample our food, if there is extra, that is to say.. If not, just enjoy looking at the pictures and maybe you'll get to taste them in your dreams..


Shirley bought Kang kong in Vegas Oriental market and "donated" to us since she's not cooking it and it has been in her fridge for awhile. Sheena then went to stir-fry it with cuttlefish and her dad's chilli.. The leaves were somehow not very fresh anymore so I plucked them all off..

Last week we finally prepared all the necessary ingredients for our popiah,. So today I suggest to make them just in case the ingredient goes bad. We added fried bean curd in the turnip. Had bean sprouts blanched in hot water, eggs, shredded crab sticks and grounded peanuts.


Not bad right? We call it the $1.20 hawker standard popiah.. But still it's very tasty.. Really but you wouldn't know until you tasted it.


We made teochew pancakes (TP).. Let me enlighten you if you still have no idea what this is.. Usually you'll find these TP at pasar malam. In the filling we have marinated minced pork, fresh prawn, Chinese seaweed and spring onion topped with silver anchovies and peanuts, deep fried in hot oil. Clever Sheena found the flour and jio us to make them together.. Even Ah Liao also left a message in her facebook and asked what kind of flour did she used.



Shirley saw the meesiam that I made while I was back home and requested me to make it again.. How can I ever reject a pregnant woman who is also my good friend here in Arizona.. However I was too greedy and added too much assam in the water and it became very sour.. I told them not to drink the gravy but Jermaine still finish it anyway.. I hope she didn't get sore throat the next day..



Curry fish that Sheena and I made together.. Both of us had never attempt this before however we were very satisfied with our result.. It's the best curry fish I've ever imagine.. Liew who was down with a fever couldn't resist our curry. So you can imagine how good it is.. Even my hubby who isn't very picky with food but can taste a good food from a bad one says that it is delicious..



Lapis sago that I've made multiple times in Arizona.. But this is the 1st time I made it for my princesses..

No comments: